Work Injuries – what you need to know – Part 3

“I’m not the same person I was before my injury”

As an injured worker, if your work injury has left you with permanent damage you may be entitled to permanent impairment compensation.  Permanent damage can be physical and also psychological – and sometimes both.

Toby Tancred will apply to the Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) for funding of the cost of your treating doctors’ medical records.  Toby Tancred will also request funding from WIRO to arrange an appointment for you to be assessed by an independent doctor to determine the level of permanent impairment arising from your work injury.

If an independent doctor assesses your level of permanent impairment, as an injured worker, to be at a sufficient level, Toby Tancred will lodge a claim for permanent impairment compensation on your behalf.  The insurer has 60 days to either accept or dispute your claim.  The insurer may wish to have you assessed by their own doctor during this period.

If the insurer accepts your claim it will attend to direct payment of your compensation.  However, if the insurer disputes your claim Toby Tancred will need to take further action on your behalf.  This may involve the need to have your claim for permanent impairment compensation decided by the Workers Compensation Commission.

As an injured worker you are entitled to be advised by Toby Tancred. The Workers Compensation Independent Review Office (WIRO) can assist by providing funding for this legal advice.

WIRO provides funding to approved Solicitors to investigate the claim, provide advice to you as an injured worker, and deal with the employer and insurer on your behalf.  Toby Tancred is a WIRO accredited Solicitor and a Law Society Personal Injury Accredited Specialist with the experience, knowledge and ability to help all injured workers in difficult times.